Monica Goel, a member of the firm since 1999 and partner since 2010, has been rated “superb” by AVVO, one of the top women attorneys in Southern California by Super Lawyers, and a Rising Star by Super Lawyers. With over sixteen years of legal experience, Ms. Goel advises clients on a full range of estate, trust, probate, and conservatorship matters. Her practice focuses on estate planning, trust administration, probate administration, elder law, trust and probate litigation.
Ms. Goel was recently named in the 2016 Top Women in Southern California and in the July 2015 and July 2016 issue of Super Lawyers magazine as a Rising Star in Southern California in the area of Estate Planning & Probate. She was nominate by Cal CPA as one of the 2015 “women to watch” in the Emerging Leaders category.
Ms. Goel is a published author in the Daily Journal and OC Lawyer Magazine. She is a frequent lecturer on trust administration, probate administration, court accountings, liability for fiduciaries, and legal ethics in estate administration.
On August 1, 2014, the California Board of Legal Specialization certified partner Monica Goel as a legal specialist in Estate Planning, Trust, and Probate Law. She joins an elite group of attorneys that have taken the legal specialization exam and earned this coveted designation. The legal specialization exam is offered every two years in specific practice areas. Attorneys must pass and submit an application to become board certified.
Ms. Goel is a member of the PVP panel for the LA Superior Court and is routinely appointed by the court to represent incapacitated persons and advise the court regarding appointment of conservators.
She was previously an adjunct professor at Cerritos College in the Certified Paralegal Program and is currently on the Trustee Advisory Committee therein. She has joined the faculty at UCI Extension Summer 2014 and is teaching a class in Estate Planning.
Ms. Goel is the Group Leader for the Cal CPA Society, Southeast Discussion Group. She is also an active member of Provisors and Soroptimist International and served as the Downey chapter’s president for 2007-2008.
Monica Goel was admitted to the bar in December, 2000. Education: University of California at Los Angeles (UCL) (B.A., 1997); University of Southern California Law School (J.D. 2000). Monica was the 1998/1999 Trope and Trope Family Law Fellow and did an Externship in the Chambers of Judge Kim McLane Wardlaw, 9th Circuit Court of Appeals in 1999. Ms. Goel won the volunteer of the year award from the City of Downey Coordinating Council in 2007.
Monica is a member of the Los Angeles, Orange County and American Bar Associations, and the Estate Planning/Probate Section of the State Bar of California.
RECOGNITION & AWARDS
- AVVO “Superb” Rating, Top Estate Planning Attorneys
- 2016 Top Women Attorneys in Southern California by Super Lawyers
- 2016 Rising Stars by Super Lawyers
- 2015 Rising Stars by Super Lawyers
- 2016 Woman to Watch Nominee by CalCPA in the Emerging Leaders category
- Volunteer of the Year Away, City of Downey (2007)
- 1998 Trope & Trope Family Law Fellow
PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Member, Los Angeles Bar Association
- Member, Orange County Bar Association
- PVP Panel Member, LA Superior Court
- Leader, CAL CPA Society – Southeast Discussion Group
- Member, Provisors
- Member, Soroptimist International
- President, Soroptimist Downey Chapter (2007-2008)
- University of California, Los Angeles (B.A., 1997)
- University of Southern California Law School, Los Angeles, (J.D., 2000)