Daniel A. Cooper serves as outside general counsel for businesses involved in the healthcare, food and beverage, healing arts and real estate industries who have ongoing legal needs but not enough to warrant a full time in-house legal counsel on staff.
As outside general counsel, Mr. Cooper provides general legal advice, risk management strategies, and litigation services by collaborating with other practice area specialists at TLD Law. Practice areas include:
- Corporate Law including general business disputes
- Business Entity Formation
- Real Estate Purchases and Negotiations
- Trademark and other IP protection
- Estate Planning
- Data Privacy
- Contract Review and Negotiations
Mr. Cooper has an extensive background within the medical-legal community where he continues to defend physicians, health plans and hospitals in professional liability matters and as cumis counsel for healthcare providers who are under-insured. He was named a Top Attorney by Pasadena Magazine in 2015, and Super Lawyers Rising Star in 2017 and 2018. He has also earned the coveted “10” score by the AVVO rating service. In 2019, he was awarded a Preeminent AV Rating, which is the highest possible rating for both legal ability and ethical standards. Mr. Cooper is unique in that he focuses on clear communication with clients early and often, lays out realistic expectations and formulates a mutual plan that best serves the client.
Mr. Cooper has implemented specific fee based agreements to meet client needs including subscription based legal services, flat fee for service, and other alternative fee arrangements for cost containment.
Representative Clients include:
- After speaking with Mr. Cooper I knew he was who I needed to advise me. I cannot say enough about Daniel Cooper. He is absolutely everything you would want in an attorney. He is knowledgeable, responsive, fair, genuine, and he takes the time listen. He has responded to all my emails within minutes, even those late at night questions. I would recommend him to any of my friends and family. The best advice I can give you is to give him a call and speak with him, as soon as I spoke with him I knew he was the person I wanted advising and representing me. He came highly recommended from a family member who is also an attorney. My family member has been impressed with Mr. Cooper’s level of service, knowledge of the law, and his rates and has strongly advised me to stick with him for any future needs I might have. If you are in need of an attorney this is the one you need to call, you will instantly understand why I recommend him so highly. The piece of mind I had immediately upon speaking with him was unparalleled. When I made my first phone call to Daniel I had never had to seek help from an attorney before. When I spoke with Daniel he was fantastic. He listened to my very long story, about an hour, and he reassured me that my situation was not unique, and he outlined what steps I needed to take and the different scenarios as to how the situation might play out. Over the next several months I emailed a barrage of questions to him at all hours day and night, which to my surprise he answered within minutes. He would even email me to check in and see if I needed help with anything or had additional questions if he hadn’t heard from me in a while. He genuinely cares about helping people in need of assistance. He is an attorney of outstanding character, knowledge, judgment and morals.”– Kim C.
- Mr. Cooper is the most thoughtful, knowledgeable and skilled professional healthcare attorney I have every worked with. As an orthopedic surgeon, having a medico legal partner to help navigate today’s world is one of the most important assets my surgery practice can have. I am grateful Danny routinely goes the extra mile and takes time to explain important concepts. Highly recommend him and his team’s professionalism.” Sanjeev Bhatia, M.D.
- “I’ve known Danny Cooper for almost a year and he is great resource for Healthcare related issues, and litigation. I highly recommend him for business owners looking for a quality attorney James A.
Born in New York City, Mr. Cooper comes from an entrepreneurial family. His dad is a former small business owner who operated a textile manufacturing business, and his mother helped develop the Los Angeles based Workforce Centers dedicated to serving the unemployed with job placement services throughout LA County. It’s the entrepreneurial spirit and personal connection that drives Mr. Cooper to help other businesses today. Mr. Cooper met his wife Sarah in High School and they have an amazing 1 year old son, Jack. Outside of the office, Mr. Cooper enjoys skiing, college football and a good laugh with friends and family.
RECOGNITION AND AWARDS
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Rating
- “CALI Award” Wills and Trusts (Highest Grade) (2007)
- “Top Attorney” Pasadena Magazine (2015)
- “Rising Star” Super Lawyers (2017-2018)
- AVVO Rating 10.0
- University of Wisconsin-Madison (B.A., 2004)
- Southwestern Law School (J.D., 2007)