Matthew Kinley is a partner of Tredway Lumsdaine & Doyle LLP (TLD). He joined the firm in 1989 and served the firm as Managing Partner from 2006 to 2011.
Litigation and Business Counseling. With over two decades of litigation experience in state and federal courts on behalf of individuals and entrepreneurial businesses, Mr. Kinley has developed a successful track record in real estate, business and corporate disputes. He also has substantial experience in arbitrations and alternative dispute resolution, as well as successfully formed counseled with regard to business organizations formation, sale and acquisition.
Healthcare. Mr. Kinley represents healthcare clients in several different aspects of healthcare law, including both federal and state laws and regulations, licensing and certificates, Medical Board representation, Medicare and Medicaid law and audit representation, managed care contracting and disputes, fraud and abuse issues, referral disputes, unique healthcare employment issues, HIPAA compliance, creations and mergers, and acquisition of healthcare practices. He also founded the California Healthcare Law blog.
Personal Injury. Mr. Kinley represents injured individuals and their families. He has been particularly successful in wrongful death matters, as well as catastrophic injury cases, including paralysis, brain and nerve injury, broken bones as well as other injuries. Mr. Kinley is extremely effective before a jury, and has a unique ability to invoke sincere empathy from jurors to achieve justice on behalf of victims and their families. Mr. Kinley’s decades of experience, innumerable trials, talent, and commanding presence in the courtroom have well-served TLD clients in obtaining extraordinary results.
In 2005, the California Chamber of Commerce recognized Mr. Kinley with its Small Business Advocate of the Year Award. The award was given in recognition of Mr. Kinley’s continued advocacy for small businesses within the state.
RECOGNITION & AWARDS
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Rating
- Southern California SuperLawyers
- Small Business Advocate Award, CA Chamber of Commerce
PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Member, Los Angeles Bar Association
- Member, Long Beach Bar Association
- Board Member, Long Beach Area Chamber of Commerce
- Past President, Long Beach Rotary Club
- Member, Long Beach Commercial Real Estate Council
- Member, Long Beach Muscular Dystrophy Association
- Member, Long Beach Memorial Hospital’s Partnerships in Excellence
- Member, Miller’s Children’s Hospital Advisory Board
- Board Member, St. Mary’s Hospital Foundation
- Preferred Vendor, Business Partner & Featured Speaker, Orange County Medical Association
- Preferred Vendor, Business Partner & Featured Speaker, Riverside County Medical Association
- Board Member, Los Amigos Foundation Board of Directors
- Board Member, Seafest Board of Governors
- Long Beach City College, Long Beach California (AA, 1982)
- University of California, Los Angeles (Bachelor of Arts, 1985)
- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles (Juris Doctor, 1989)
- Loyola University, Chicago (LLM Health Care, 2015)
- California State Bar, 1989
- United States District Court, 1989
- United States Court of Appeals, 1989